Sunday, February 06, 2005

House of Flying Daggers

Think perhaps I should've stuck to my initial thoughts - "Its a Japanese Samurai film, I'm a girl..... ". But with nothing better to do on a Saturday night myself and two mates decided to bite the bullet (or dagger in this case). What can I say...... The film is beautifully shot, the scenery is nothing short of amazing.... I had no idea Japan was so green. It was also nice to watch a film where the women constantly outsmarted everyone (including the audience). Without spoiling the plot, it's safe to say there's more than a bit of double crossing going on. It's very confusing. But I'm assured that it was a great movie. I have no idea. It's got a bit of weird ending - the big fight that everything's gearing up to doesn't happen and I'm not really sure why...... Maybe someone will explain it to me someday.

Watch This If: you can follow complicated films

Watch Out For: the home made bamboo daggers.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home